Thursday, July 9, 2009


Yesterday was a day of mixed results. SmugMug changed some things on the website and I had to figure out a new easiest way to upload pictures. I make baptismal hangings for two churches and I stitched the name and date on the wrong one. I set it aside and will pick it out later. Last night I stitched the name and date on a new banner.

The good news of the day is the little flower pot pin cushion. I really did not expect to be able to stitch and finish it so quickly.

The weather ditty says: "Red sky in the morning, sailor take warning. Red sky at night, sailor's delight." It looks like it is correct again. As I walked this morning, the sky was brilliant with coral, rosy apricot, and mauve. The weather forecast indicates that rain should be moving in during the next couple hours. Speaking of rosy apricot and mauve in the sky, it looks like the colors of my newest little trio. Besides being the colors of one of my favorite irises, they were the colors of the sky this morning. It was such a treat to walk in the rosy light of dawn.

2 comments:

My name is Riet said...

That is a lovely pincushion Linda. Those make nice presents.

Christine said...

How sweet is that? I love the envelope too