



Yes, I am moving right along even if we just had a holiday weekend. Today I included a picture of the summer meadow behind the house. This picture is looking west across it. You can see our white picket fence and a corner of the house which also is white close to the left side of the picture. This is where I can see the fireflies. And - - - before and after pictures of part of the Gopher Garden. This is not the only thing I did in the garden over the weekend but it was the single largest and most important task.
In the before picture the corner of the window well is there behind the iris leaves. In the upper right hand corner of both pictures, you can see the platform for one of our rain barrels. You can just barely see it in the before picture. I probably set the irises out a little far apart but that should work to my advantage. I may be able to wait a little longer to divide them again.
Yesterday seven or eight grackles ate the cherries that were on the ground. A squirrel, yes a squirrel!!, got into the tree and ate the ones that were still on it. This morning as I hung out the pillows to air, the backyard definitely was devoid of cherries.
No comments:
Post a Comment