Monday, July 27, 2009







Thanks to Riet for sharing the YouTube video of America the Beautiful. I think that she knows that things like that have an emotional impact for me. Yes I felt that all the way down in my toes. I have seen the purple mountains majesty in both the US and Canada. I have seen the amber waves of grain in both the US and Canada. I have seen the Atlantic Ocean and the Pacific Ocean. I am a very fortunate person to have seen so much of North America and Europe including Great Britain.

I decided to upload some pictures inspired by the song America the Beautiful.
1. The mountains and Two Medicine Lake in Glacier National Park
2. The wheat fields outside of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
3. The Atlantic Coast - Patrick Air Force Base south of Cape Canaveral
4. The Pacific Coast along Big Sur - Unfortunately, it was not a blue sky day.

Last week I was discussing copyright issues with a needlework designer. As a direct result of our conversation, I checked the scans and pictures of my needlework that I have uploaded. Oh my, someone could easily count out the design from my pictures. I experimented with the last scan I uploaded; I ought to reduce it even more. While I know how to make the reductions, I do not have a formula or guideline to tell me how much to reduce it without experimentation. Once I make a suitable image, I hope I can develop an easy to follow guideline for the future.

1 comment:

My name is Riet said...

Hi LInda. I am so glad you liked the you tube film. I know you are the one person I can send this too. I also bookmarked it so I can go and see it now and then. Beautiful pictures you are showing here. I read you have been traveling a lot. Have you ever been to my country? I am planning to visit different places here in the Netherlands and make pictures with my new big camera. My husband gave it to me last Friday but I still have to learn a lot to make it to a full use. But I am learning. As I said I will make pictures of different places so you can learn a bit about Holland.