Thursday, July 16, 2009


At last I feel like I am making progress on the set of four ornaments. Last night I finished the top row of Algerian eyelets on the fourth one and I started one of the queen stitch trees on the first ornament. Right now, I am stitching one complete tree and then I think I will stitch the trees assembly line style. At this point, I have not decided whether I will work them ornament by ornament or all four at one time. There are going to be a lot of queen stitches. Each tree has 19 queen stitches; each ornament has three trees. For one ornament that is 57 queen stitches in the trees alone. There are more queen stitches besides those to make the trees. It is fortunate for me that I like to stitch queen stitches.

I am showing you a scan of one of the ornaments. At this point, I think a scan works better than a picture.

Yesterday Roger put up the first section of fence that he has repaired and stained. It looks so much better than before. He thinks he is only fixing three sections this summer, the three worst ones. That will leave four more to do. I hope he will do them next summer.

Yesterday we did go out for lunch. We do that so seldom that it seemed like an especial celebration. The good feeling lingered the remainder of the day.

Also yesterday, a humming bird flew around my feeder but did not stop. It seemed as if there was something about the feeder that did not please the humming bird. I wonder if they do not like the new feeder even though it has perches for them. Baltimore orioles are yet to discover that I have a feeder for them.

No comments: