Saturday, July 11, 2009


It is the weekend. Yesterday I finished the three ornaments using a freebie from The Sampler Girl. I thought you might like to see the finished product so I will upload a picture.

I started working on four little ornaments using a chart from Sampler and Antique Needlework. I made a mistake on one of the Algerian eyelets. While I picked back to correct it, my thread shredded. I think I will be picking out all 12 eyelets that I stitched and starting over. As bad as frogging is, this is even worse. The design is stitched on 32 count; the eyelets are stitched over two fabric threads and pulled tightly to open the eyelet. I think you can easily understand why the thread shredded. Since I have given up the idea of picking back to the mistake and am reluctantly embracing the idea of starting over, I can cut the thread on the back. I hope this will make it easier to pick it out. At this point, there is very little to show you, just a piece of linen with guidelines basted into it.

No comments: