Yesterday was a busy day. There was not much for me to do at the hospital so I went home early. I joined Roger when he left for an appointment. I dropped him off and went over to a nearby Jo-Ann Fabrics; I needed a couple things. When I returned for Roger, he was ready to go. That was very good timing.
The next thing I did was begin working on an apron. A friend of mine works in a grocery store. She prepares and hands out samples of products the store wants to promote. The store has aprons the food demo people wear. It is as close as they come to wearing an uniform. My friend is small, very small, really small. When I made her a couple dresses, I started with size four and made the pattern smaller. I am making one of her aprons smaller. For a long time I struggled with the thought of taking it all apart to cut it down. As soon as I bought into the idea, it went well. Yesterday I did most of the work. Today I just have a little topstitching left. I think I ought to make a pattern of what I have so that I can repeat it in the future.
Right now, I am trying to eat a little time. I am waiting to take Mooch to the vet for his vaccination updates. We need to be there in about an hour. While we are gone, Roger will vacuum the floors that I will wash when Mooch and I return. Mooch does not like the vacuum cleaner and since he will be gone, I thought it would be a good idea.
Sometime today, I will begin uploading pictures from our European Holiday in 2002 to my online picture sharing account. We took a lot of pictures; in fact, we had just gotten a digital camera for the vacation. We also got a laptop to bring with us so we could download pictures. At that time camera memory chips were small; I think the largest chip we had would hold ten pictures. We brought several chips with us. I will post a link to the pictures as soon as I have some uploaded. I will upload only a relatively small selection and it may seem like a lot.
Speaking of laptops and computers, our current laptop is more powerful than our first PC. That was quite a novelty. We got it long before internet arrived on the scene. Roger gave me a choice. I could have a vacation in Acapulco or we could get a computer. We named the computer Acapulco. The closest we have gotten to Acapulco was our cruise a year ago to Cabo San Lucas.
No comments:
Post a Comment