Tuesday, July 28, 2009



Yesterday I become side- tracked and did not show you the pictures of my new fabrics from Silkweaver and the threads that I will use to stitch my Quaker samplers. The first picture shows the fabric and threads for Beatrix Potter. I thought that the Waterlilies, Tobacco, in the center went very well with the fabric which is approximately the color of DMC 809. From Tobacco, I selected the DMC colors. The second is for Mary Wigham. The fabric is approximately the color of DMC 928. I decided to make it monochromatic and use the five colors in the family. Then I found the Waterlilies in the center of the top, Steel. It has a very subtle color variation and is more gray than the greens but I still think it works.

One of our sons worked in Saudi Arabia for a year, December 2001 through November 2002. For his vacation he wanted to meet us in Germany. He had two weeks of vacation. Roger and I went to the UK for two weeks prior to Ben's vacation. We met Ben in Frankfort and our other son, Dan, flew in from the US to join us. While Roger and I spent two weeks touring in the UK, he arranged for me to meet all of my friends in the UK. I had the opportunity to meet Christine and Clare. If I had known Riet, I am certain we would have met you too. I really am not certain how much of our pictures Christine and Clare have seen. I was just thinking that I could upload them if you are interested.