Monday, June 1, 2009

Another New Iris





Yes there is a new one out in the garden. Plus I have a little sampling of the produce.

The iris of the day is Gigolo. I like it but not its name. I have another iris that has the same colors but they are opposite. When they bloom together, they look like a negative and positive image. It is striking. The other iris is Colortart. I do not especially like its name either. I think it is not going to bloom this year.

And - - - just a sampling of the produce. The grapes are developing. Please do not make the mistake of thinking that they are large, juicy grapes because that type does not do well in our garden in Minnesota. They would make delicious jelly if we could pick them before the raccoons do. The volunteer lettuce is doing well and so are the cherries.

Yesterday I planted annuals in the garden near the front door.

I can tell that it is June. Already I heard on the radio June Is Busting Out All Over.

1 comment:

Christine said...

He's a very handsome gigolo ;)