Thursday, June 4, 2009

Yes, More Irises





Today there are pictures of two newly opened ones and repeats of two from yesterday. These are improvements over the pictures yesterday.
The first iris is Cream Taffeta. I have another one that is similar and is going to bloom but is not yet ready. I think the second one is Cranberry Ice. I have a couple more that look similar. I think they are not going to bloom this year; so, I can only make a guess based upon where it is in the garden. The repeats from yesterday are Flair and Peach Spot.

We are going to be gone for a few days beginning Sunday and I think that I am going to miss some of the iris. There are some that are blooming late this year because I was late taking the winter cover off them. The peonies are getting ready to bloom and I think I am going to miss them too. I think one of our sons will take pictures of them but it is not quite the same.

The rhubarb has been ready to pick and use for more than a week now. Today is the day to make a rhubarb pie. I make the crust and one of our sons makes the filling.

This morning as I walked, I heard a pheasant squawking. As we drove home from the health club, I saw a male pheasant hiding in the weeds. It was a little difficult for him to hide himself when he has such a bright red eye patch and the sun is shining on it.

No comments: