Saturday, June 6, 2009


The picture today is not especially good as I took it in a hurry. The iris is Supreme Sultan. It was intended for the Gopher Garden but has not made it in yet. It is quite similar to P.T. Barnum; its standards are more of a gold. It is a very large and impressive flower.

Tomorrow I doubt that I will be able to post as we will be leaving as soon as we can get back home from church. I may be able to post again on Friday.

Yesterday, the estate sale did not have much that appealed to us. Out of curiosity about breadmakers, I was looking over one that was for sale there. As I was checking it over, a woman standing behind me reached for it and said, "Now you see it; now you don't!!" as she took it away. I wonder what she would have done if I had put my hand out and held it back. Yesterday I did not make oatmeal bread and probably ought to do so today.

As I walked to the health club this morning, I met one of my friends who was out running. Then at the health club, I got to see another friend. Seeing my friends made the idea of getting up early worth it. The sunrise would have been worth it even if I had not seen my friends. I like to walk in the pink light of dawn.

The clouds are now covering the sky. The weather forecast indicates rain today, tomorrow, and Monday. In fact, it is beginning to rain right now. It is hard to complain about the rain when we are so extremely dry. I need to get out and mark my iris because I am planning to thin them out. If I do, they should bloom better next year.

No comments: