
Wow, it has been quite a day. The picture of the day is another view of Swazi Princess; this one shows a little of the flower inside where there is a touch of gold. Black iris are not truly black. They are either a very dark blue-purple or a very dark maroon or mahogany. That means they either have a blue look or a red look. I have four dark iris. Interpol and Black Swan did not bloom this year. Old Black Magic and Swazi Princess did.
One of the things that I especially like about iris is the way they glisten. The light catches little sparkles on the petals. The petals that droop are the falls and the ones that form the cup are the standards. Both the falls and the standards will glisten. It is extremely difficult to capture it in a picture but I may have one to show you tomorrow.
I have a correction to make. The iris with Swazi Princess yesterday is really CanCan Red not Colortart.
This has been an extremely busy day. This is the first that I have been able to sit down.
No comments:
Post a Comment