



We did not go to the healthclub this morning. We got up fairly early to work in the garden. It is/was supposed to rain today. Roger and Ben set up one of the rain barrels last night. I cleaned a lot of the remainder of the winter mulch from the iris while Roger weeded. Eventually we looked at the snowberry bush and decided it was time to take it out. It is quite aggressive and has habits that do not suit it to a small space. We hacked out the main part of the bush and then planted little shoots in the park. Weeding and garden work is not a fun task but it makes it a lot easier to work side by side with a special person.
The iris today is Latin Lover. The flower is a bit past its prime so I may upload another picture later when new ones open. I like the inside of Latin Lover and you can just manage to see it. The lavender color inside makes it look like it is
flour-
escing. Some times the inside of the iris is even more exciting than the outside.
The peonies are Raspberry Sundae and Lotus Queen. The picture of Raspberry Sundae is not very good so I may upload a better one later. The inner part of the flower is cream and light pink. The colors have a translucent quality that seems to glow from within the center. I really want to show this to you but I am not certain how well it shows in pictures. Lotus Queen is a Japanese peony. Characteristics of Japanese peonies are the single layer of outer petals and the yellow pompom in the middle.
The final picture is my coral geranium. I have it in a pot with a coral double impatien and some aspargus fern.
The reason we went out early was to accomplish some things in the garden before the predicted rain came. From the moment we got out, it looked like rain was imminent. Just about the time we decided we were too hungry and tired to continue, there were a couple raindrops. Now the sun is out, we can see shadows, and the sky is beginning to turn blue. That does not look like rain to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment