Saturday, June 27, 2009

Rain Rain Rain

Please believe me I am not complaining. We so desperately need the rain that it would not be nice to complain. Yesterday Ben's fences around his oak seedlings proved their worth. We now are fairly certain rabbits have been eating his little trees. We watched a rabbit hop right up to the fence and sniff around it. The rabbit tried to take things out of the fenced area. It tried to get under the fence. It seemed to know just what it wanted and what it was doing. I would have taken a picture of the trees in their fences this morning but it is raining too much for me to feel like doing that.

The cherries are ripening. Birds were taking so many that we put a vinyl net over the tree. That has not completely deterred the birds but it is definitely putting a dent in their harvest. I ate three cherries yesterday. They are wonderfully delicious, a little tart but very good without sugar. I wonder if we will have enough to make a cobbler. Again no pictures because of the rain.

No comments: