Sunday, May 31, 2009

More Iris





First thing in the morning I check the iris. The latest ones out are Kahili, reddish falls with yellow standards, and Top Gun, mauve falls with peach standards. Kahili is in my Gopher Garden; it is not really maroon and gold but will do, con- sidering iris colors. I am fascinated by Top Gun and you may see it as in inspiration for the colors in my silk ribbon biscornu.

I decided to add a picture of the white bleeding heart. This spring, I finally separated it from my pink bleeding hearts. It has never done as well as it is this year. I think that the pink bleeding hearts were intimidating it. I also added a slightly more artistic picture of Old Black Magic.

Yesterday I decided to make new sugar syrup for the hummingbird feeder. I picked up a new one because I was disappointed by how quickly the syrup grew mold in the feeder I had gotten. I think that the first new feeder spread the syrup out into a shallow puddle which warmed up faster and grew mold faster. The reservoir in the newer feeder is glass as opposed to plastic but I think that will not make any difference. The feeder that I used last summer had a plastic reservoir.

No comments: