Saturday, June 20, 2009

More Irises




From the top down, Pearl Chiffon followed by Deep Pacific and Distant Chimes.
I assume this is Deep Pacific. I have three dark blue irises; I can eliminate only one of the three. I am fairly certain it is Deep Pacific. This is a second picture of Distant Chimes that was taken a few days ago. I want to show you how the petals glisten. Click on the picture to see a larger version that better shows the glisten on the falls and the standards.

Yesterday, the air conditioning man came out to check over the air conditioning unit. It seems to be as good as can be expected for its age which is getting advanced. He suggested that we might want to think about getting a newer, more energy efficient one while we can still get a tax credit for it. It was a good thing that the air conditioner was checked out because yesterday was the first time we really wanted to use it. A weather system came through during the early evening lowering both the temperature and the humidity; we were able to turn it off. It is supposed to get hot again next week so I think we will appreciate it for a couple days.

No comments: