Saturday, May 30, 2009

Iris in Bloom





The iris are beginning to bloom. I took pictures of the first ones but am not very impressed with the pictures. I may resort to archived pictures from earlier years. The very dark iris is Old Black Magic. The one with red/lavender falls and white standards is Gay Parasol. The blue and blue one is Arpege. The little two-tone lavender Siberian iris is Lavender Bounty.

For me, this is the best time of the year. Can you tell that iris are my favorite flower?

It is about the pictures yesterday. It is purely coincidental that the silk ribbon flowers go so well with my orchids. I put the stitchery in progress on the table where I display my orchids and just decided to take a picture of the orchids too. I think I ought to take new pictures because they are so dark.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I look forward to your iris updates every year. I put a couple in myself this year, I hope they are even half as good as yours