Thursday, May 7, 2009

Little Bits

Here is the information about the yellow and cream daffodils in the bouquet.

1. Larger flower: Cream cup and yellow petals, center right in arrangement
This is a large cup daffodil and may be Avalon. If not, Avalon is a very good substitute. http://www.brentandbeckysbulbs.com/spring/productview/?sku=01-0204

Smaller Flower: Cream cup with yellow streaked cream petals, toward the left side of the arrangement
I think this is a jonquilla. I think it is Pipit and has mutated. I can find no good substitutes for its form and colors.
http://www.brentandbeckysbulbs.com/spring/productview/?sku=01-0713

This is not a very exciting day. There is laundry to start with. I really ought to take the winter mulch off the iris. We did get some petunias yesterday. It might be fun to put them in the garden. We added two large Roma tomato plants to the garden yesterday and some seeds for slicing tomatoes. Beans, peas, and broccoli are up. The first tomato plants we put in are growing well. We have been leaving their covers off over night.

No comments: