Sunday, May 3, 2009

Bird Patrol Continues




Throughout the afternoon and early evening yesterday, the robins continued to fly into the windows. First thing this morning, they were at it again. This morning our older cat, Quincy, helped Mooch with bird patrol. They seem to have been successful for the moment but I think the task is bigger than the pair of them. I am going to have to get some hawk silhouettes for the windows this week.

Because I posted a picture of Mooch, here is one of Quincy. He is quite handsome and for a cat, dignified. He is an ideal companion cat and loves to cuddle up to the members of his family, both human and feline.

Yesterday was a lovely, beautiful day. It was warm and the sun was out. We decided to check out an estate sale. It had quite a collection of things. I bought two pieces of depression glass, a dark blue-green iridescent bowl and a plain pink serving plate with a fleur de lis handle. I decided I wanted the serving plate to use today.

Today we are serving a little lunch buffet at church for the families of children baptized during the year and the stitchers who made the banners given to the families at the time of the baptism. When I saw the serving plate, I thought it would be very nice for the bars. I had been planning to make cherry bars, lemon bars, and ginger creams. The cherry bars should look nice on the pink glass. Because of this lunch buffet, I have no idea what time we will return home from church today.

The sale was close to the University of Minnesota which was enough of a draw for us. It was nice to see the campus and the progress on the new stadium. The stadium is certainly huge and grand, much more so than Memorial Stadium was. Another draw was the new I-35W bridge. This replaces the one that collapsed 1 August 2007. The monetary settlements in that disaster have just been finalized. The new bridge was completed and opened last September while we were on vacation. This is the first time that we have driven across the bridge. Needless to say, we do not live very close to it and it is something we have to make an intentional decision to see and do.

No comments: