Thursday, May 28, 2009

Summer Stitching

This is Summer Biscornu by Thea Dueck, Victoria Sampler. I am stitching it in my choice of materials, some of which are in the picture. If you want to pick up the free design, register to join Thea's chat group. I think it will eventually appear in the collection of freebies at her website, Victoria Sampler.

Yesterday I did wash the floors and did treat myself to a trip to the University Dairy Store and Storm Cloud Trading Company. At Storm Cloud, I got a tube of Delica beads, filigree beads, and some crystal beads. You can see them in the picture but only the corner of the packet of crystals shows. At the Dairy Store, I got one pint each of Strawberries and Cream, Brickhouse, and low fat Cookies and Cream. Brickhouse is a chocolate ice cream with chocolate chunks and Bordeaux cherries. I also picked up some Parmesan, aged smoked gouda, and smoked brick cheeses. All in all, it was a wonderful shopping trip.

It is a splendid day. After so much gray, overcast sky, the sun is glorious. It is still a little chilly for the time of year.

This week, I decided to change the day I wash the sheets from Wednesday to Monday. It seemed to work well. Monday was sunny and windy; the sheets dried very quickly. Tuesday and yesterday were very overcast and cold; not the best kind of day to dry sheets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda
Love the start on the biscornu!

Monday was traditionally wash day here before machines were very common. My Gran always did her big wash on Monday's. I remember helping her stir the boiling pan on the stove for the cotton and then turning the handle on the mangle to wring the water out of the sheets.

love
Clare

Christine said...

Great start on the biscornu! The brickhouse icecream sounds delicious