

You may have been wondering about my comment about stitching as I am yet to mention it. Yes, I do stitch. I stitch for Hoffman Media, the publisher of Just Cross Stitch magazine. When I stitch a new design, there is little to nothing I can say about it. On Thursday, I returned the finished model I stitched for Just Cross Stitch magazine. When it arrived in March, I set aside everything that I was stitching except for the banners we give families when their children are baptized. I had been stitching two projects, From Sea to Shining Sea by Little House Needleworks and the pocket and accessories by Janie Hubble, The Cat's Whiskers, that appeared in the December 2008 issue of The Gift of Stitching.
I have uploaded a picture of the finished design, From Sea to Shining Sea, that I found on the internet and a scan of how far I am. I seriously question when I will ever pick it up again. That is one of the hazards of stitching for someone else. To meet a business deadline, a stitcher must be willing to set aside something she or he may want to stitch. Sometimes, it is hard to resume work on the project set aside.
I uploaded a scan of the pocket showing my current status on it. I did pick it up again and intend to finish it. In case you want to know more about The Gift of Stitching, it is an online stitching magazine. I think it is a lovely magazine.
The overnight weather forecast indicated that parts of Minnesota would probably experience frost overnight. We were cautioned that where we live would probably not but that the temperature was expected to go as low as 36F which is getting a little cool. We decided to cover our veggies, bring in the unplanted flowers, and let the flowers we had planted go uncovered. After we had covered the veggies and brought in the unplanted flowers, we said that we had just ensured we would not have frost. It must have done the trick. :-) There was no frost but we have to quickly uncover the veggies.
1 comment:
Hope your flowers survived their night in the cold!
I find it really hard to go back to a project once its been laid aside too. I've experimented with a stitching rota this year, but it doesn't seem to work too well for me
Post a Comment