Saturday, August 8, 2009

Things are looking a lot better in this household. It was fortunate that we were able to make an appointment for our son with a doctor yesterday. As it turns out, he has a problem in his inner ear that is causing him severe vertigo. He has medications to relieve the symptoms. The problem should go away. He is better this morning and may be able to go to work today. This is quite a relief for all of us.

Now on to the big news. Yesterday a female oriole came to the jelly feeder twice; or at least I thought it was the same oriole coming twice. This morning I saw two female orioles and the brown bird on the feeder at the same time. I am just planning to watch them for a while if they continue to come to the feeder. I hope that they become accustomed to our presence so I can take pictures of them.

Yesterday I basted guidelines on the fabric that I should have used. Later today I think I will try washing the fabric that I first used. In a couple hours, I have an appointment to meet with a needlework designer who is here in Woodbury visiting with her sister. Yesterday it was fun to hear her voice on the telephone for the first time. She will be giving me one of her unpublished designs to stitch which is very exciting to me. This design goes with one of her designs that was published in Just Cross Stitch magazine. Once this design is published, I should be able to show you what I stitched.

Yesterday the rain was gentle and very good for us. During the night we had some severe thunderstorms; it would have been better if the rain had been more gentle but it was rain. This morning, the sky still looks dark and like it may rain more.

1 comment:

My name is Riet said...

That is good to hear Linda, your son feeling much better. How exciting to be able to stitch for a needlework designer. Of course I am curious to know how it all will work out.