Sunday, August 16, 2009

It rained in the evening and during the night. I must have been completely exhausted because I did not hear it at all. It thundered and there was supposed to have been spectacular lightening. The rain was so heavy that it lashed against the windows and house. I missed it all. I think the unfortunate thing about this is that the rain was too heavy to sink into the ground; I fear that much of it ran off. The deeper levels of the soil are very dry.

As far to the west of the Twin Cities as we are to the east, there is a major professional golf tournament this weekend. Tiger Woods is playing and is in fact in the lead. I wonder if that side had as much rain as we did and whether or not it is affecting the golf course.

No comments: