Yesterday afternoon we had some severe weather. There were several small tornadoes, one of which touched ground just a little south of our home. The storms did some property damage but there were no human injuries or deaths. On and off all day until now, we have had rain, sometimes very heavy. The sky looks lighter now but it does not look like it is clearing.
This morning and afternoon, I discovered that a humming bird is visiting the jelly feeder for the orioles. That seems fair because orioles have a reputation for feeding at hummingbird feeders. The hummingbird has also been checking out my garden but I think it does not look very promising and that is why the hummingbird is going for the jelly feeder. In between feedings, it sits on my clothes line. At one point, it chased away another bird that was much larger. I have heard that hummingbirds can be a bit feisty. If so, this one certainly is. They are also supposed to have an affinity for people.
Roger is downstairs working so he can finish the extra bathroom. It would be very nice to have one downstairs especially when I am working with the laundry or when I need to use a bathroom and the two upstairs are in use. Roger says there are some things he has to do before and one of them is tracing the water pipes. I have a feeling things are going to get much worse downstairs before they ever improve.
No comments:
Post a Comment