Monday, August 3, 2009

Back into Familiar Routines

Yesterday was so far off the norm that it was difficult for me to settle down. Early in the morning, I did upload more Vacation 2002 pictures which I labeled later in the afternoon. I hope that Christine looks at them and corrects any errors I may have made. I really did not begin to settle down until I started stitching.

We have a baptism coming up next Sunday. I stitched in the name and date and will begin finishing the banner today. In the evening I began stitching a little project just for myself. The current issue of Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly (SANQ) arrived Saturday. I found a little project that captivated me. With a little stash diving, I found everything I need for it including the silk fabric to finish it. I changed some of the colors to better co-ordinate with my silk fabric. Because I had the DMC floss but not silk threads, I opted to go with the DMC. The thread I use will not have the variation of the silk but I think it will still look good. This is such a cute little project and I had such perfect supplies that I can hardly wait to show it to you.

This morning I walked to the healthclub. The good news is that I walked. The bad news is that the sky was just beginning to show pink as I arrived at the healthclub. I am fully ready to go off daylight saving time. What the sky looked like when I finished walking today is what it would have looked like when I started walking if we were not on daylight saving time. Again this morning, a little bat flew over my head as I walked. I really hope it was eating mosquitoes and other biting insects and bugs.

No comments: