Friday, August 21, 2009

Today our weather is clearing. It alternates dark cloud cover with bright blue sky. Right now it is a blue sky with large puffy clouds.

An oriole and hummingbird continue to visit the jelly feeder and garden. The oriole is funny. The feeder is hung from a tall shepherd's crook flower pot hanger. The oriole lands on the highest part of the pot hanger and then walks down the vertical rod to the top of the cover over the feeder. Then it walks down the spokes that hold the cover up.

We currently have a chipmunk hiding out in the basement. The cats alternately hunt it down and sleep upstairs on the bed. We would really like to get it out of the house before it does any damage.

I have been looking through a new catalogue from Ikea that came today. I am thinking about things for the basement but it is quite premature. I think I will just consider myself lucky if we ever finish the bathroom down stairs.

1 comment:

Christine said...

You're furnishing for the chipmunk????? ;D