Saturday, August 1, 2009

Focaccia in the Kitchen





This morning I forgot to pick up fresh rosemary; so there will be no rosemary on the focaccia. I am back to the original idea idea of onions. The dough is rising as I key this in. No, that little towel with the hearts is not touching the dough which is liberally coated with olive oil. It is on a dish- towel which may be touching the dough. My little towel was stitched for me by a very good friend who will, I hope, see this. As I was getting something to cover the dough, I spotted the towel and thought it would make a nice picture.

The focaccia is out of the oven and the pictures tell the story. I did opt for the onions to which I added some dried thyme. Over that I sprinkled a little sea salt, but not Fleur de sel because it is so expensive. Sea salt has such large crystals that it makes a nice garnish.

1 comment:

My name is Riet said...

That is a lovely towel Linda. Your bread sounds delicious