Friday, January 29, 2010



You are invited to come over for some freshly baked cranberry scones. This time, they are from a recipe, not a commer- cial mix. I really do not know if it is tra- ditional to add things like dried cranberries but we all have fallen in love with this recipe. I will pour you a little milk or orange juice while you look at my china egg boxes.

The one that hardly shows in the background is bisque and part of the floral design is missing. As soon as I find another bisque egg that I like as much, I will replace it. Actually I think that the painted eggs are bisque egg shaped forms. Until I took pictures of the Ukrainian eggs, I did not realize how many eggs I have. This has been a revelation to me although I see my eggs every day.

Our temperatures are low. They may not be bone shattering low but they are still a little below normal. We can generally say that at the end of January we will not have bone shattering cold. I think that the cold has kept the birds away from the feeders as well as the hawk that was out yesterday. Only a couple birds were out this morning. The squirrel has discovered the nuts and the corn. It ate the nuts first and then went to the corn.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Its quite traditional to put sultanas in scones, I don't see that cranberries are that much of a departure.
By the way I don't blame your garden friends for not wanting rancid walnuts!

The Mad Stitcher said...

Well, you have me now! I want some of those scones!!! I have never had a scone before but have oftened wondered what they look and taste like. So just package me up some and send them to me right now!

I love your egg collection. Both the Ukranian and the boxes are truly lovely and even the *impaired* one is beautiful and needs lots of love.