Are you waiting for me to tell you that the squirrel has one-upped us?
Between the last entry and today, the squirrel learned how to get around one more modification. When we got home from church, we discovered that the squirrel turned the new obstruction around and used it as a platform upon which to sit while it ate everything out of the bird feeder.
Why am I still calling it a bird feeder??? It seems to be a squirrel feeder.
Nevertheless, we made some new modifications. We have not had an opportunity to see the squirrel get around it yet. I think that the squirrel ate so much out of the feeder yesterday that it was not hungry for the remainder of the day.
As soon as I put more birdseed in the feeder, the birds returned.
There is definite evidence that the rabbits are in the garden and specifically eating the raspberry canes. We must check a little more closely to see how much damage there is.
Before sunrise this morning, I hung the pillows out on the clothesline to air. One of the cardinals flew from tree to tree. It was singing out as loud as it could. I think it is trying to declare the boundaries of its territory.
2 comments:
I wonder if there is anything birds eat that squirrels don't like the taste of?
You have to admire the ingenuity of those darn squirrels!
Post a Comment