Saturday, January 30, 2010



Yes, I am baking again and it is a recipe that I tried for the first time. This has gone over well with the family.

The featured eggs are my decoupage eggs. I cut the pictures out of spring and Easter themed wrapping paper. Through the years a couple of them have been broken. Almost all of our cats have been fascinated by them. In the spring, I would cut a couple branches from the pussy willow and fruit trees to force. I liked to hang my eggs on the branches until I discovered that the cats like to play with the eggs. Now the eggs primarily live in an egg carton in my buffet. I have also painted eggs with simplified rosemaling designs. I made them as gifts and unfortunately do not have any examples. When I took these eggs out, I discovered that I have 6, maybe 7, undecorated blown eggs. Perhaps I should think up a purpose for them.

Between what they eat and what they spill, the birds go through about one cup of seed every day. Yesterday and today, three squirrels have been eating the corn, old nuts, and spilled birdseed. At least for the time being, they are not shaking the feeders. Yesterday in the late afternoon, two rabbits came in and ate much of what the squirrels did not eat. This morning, a mouse came by. There is a lot of seed on the ground, every little creature that eats a mouthful cleans up that much seed.

No comments: