This is primarily for Kathy but everyone else is welcome to it.
Dried Cranberry Scones
Makes 12
Sift together:
1 ½ cups sifted all-purpose flour
¼ cup sugar
1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
Stir in:
½ teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
Cut in:
1/3 cup margarine or butter - I used margarine.
Work the mixture until it looks like tiny crumbs.
Stir in:
½ cup dried cranberries
Add:
½ cup buttermilk
Mix until the dry ingredients are moistened.
If the ingredients are not combining, add a little more buttermilk.
Gather the dough into a ball and knead lightly (12 strokes or so) on a lightly floured surface.
Pat the dough into a circle ½- to ¾-inch thick.
Cut the circle into 12 pie-shaped wedges.
Transfer the pieces to a baking sheet. If you wish, you can assemble the pieces into the original circle.
Brush the tops with milk or cream and sprinkle with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes. During the baking time check the process because oven temperatures can vary and you may use a different baking sheet from mine.
I am thinking about adding some chopped pecans.
Instead of dried cranberries, you could substitute your favorite dried fruit.
1 comment:
Thanks, Linda! I will be trying these as soon as I can get to the store for the ingredients.
Post a Comment