I would say that my brain was fried but the temperature is bone shattering cold and is probably not going to warm very much during the day today or tomorrow or the day after tomorrow or or or. We have typical January weather for Minnesota. The only good thing about it is that we know the days are not going to get shorter and that they will only get longer. In January, longer days cannot come too soon.
Yesterday I baked. The turtle pie that I made for Christmas had some problems that I tried to work out. The solutions created a couple new problems but at least they are of a much smaller nature and should be very easy to work out. It may not even require another test run but then chocolate, caramel, and pecans are a basic food group so maybe we will need another pie.
I made ginger bars, lemon bars, and shortbread bars with chocolate, coffee, and almond topping. Hmmmmmmm chocolate, coffee, and almonds, that sounds like another basic food group. I made the bars for a funeral luncheon today. While the passing of a friend makes us sad, please do not feel sad about this. She was elderly and had lingered a little after having a stroke. Her husband died several years ago; she died just prior to Christmas and the family waited until this weekend for the memorial service.
No comments:
Post a Comment