Saturday, January 9, 2010

Squirrel, Quaker Motif, and Nela's Gift



I thought that per- haps if I listed my unrelated topics as the title for today's comments I might look organ- ized. :-D

For the current time, the squirrel is unable to get to the birdseed. Almost as soon as we put the milk carton on the pole, the squirrel tried to get to the birdseed. The carton is translucent; we could see the squirrel inside it as it tried to climb up to the feeder. It tried very hard to climb out the top of the milk carton but, of course, was unable to do so. It slide down the pole and then tried again. It was one frustrated and upset squirrel. It ran around the backyard as if it was on a rampage and then retreated to the apple tree furiously twitching its tail. A while later it came back and tried to get to the birdseed in the other feeder but it simply cannot get through the wire mesh that surrounds it. It tried very hard from all angles several times. After that failure, it tried the feeder with the new deflector and was unsuccessful. It ran around the yard; eventually it sat on the top of one of the fences violently twitching its tail and retreated to the squirrel vantage point tree. We can only guess what the squirrel might try again but for now, the squirrel is not competing with the birds for their food.

Next on the list is the Quaker motif. I have made progress with it but have not been a very ambitious stitcher. My deadline is Monday.

The next part of Nela's gift is the tape measure. I think that I have all of the parts together with the tape measure and I think Nela is going to show me how to decorate it. I think it is going to look like the one in her blog. Scroll down to the picture collage of the tape measure. It is just below the picture of the Inspirations magazine.

No comments: