

Here are my two painted eggs. Yes, I like violets. I believe that the eggs are hollow porcelain. I have no idea when they were painted but guess recently. One of the reasons I like these eggs is because the violets are highly suggestive of a violet design in Sweeter than the Rose from Leisure Arts. Even the colors of the painted violets echo the colors of the violet designs.
When I looked at the pictures of the Ukrainian eggs yesterday, I could not help thinking that spring is coming. I think that it is because eggs are so closely associated with Easter which is in the spring in the Northern Hemisphere.
This morning the sunrise was so extremely colorful. For those who stitch, the sky looked like Sky Blue Pink (005) by The Caron Collection. The day has noticeably more minutes of sunlight than a month ago. I helps us believe that spring is coming.
Earlier this week, I discovered that I had made several miscounts on my reproduction box top. In the end, I cut every stitch out. Unfortunately, I also cut one of the fabric threads. Tuesday I rewove a thread. Yesterday I began to stitch the box top again. This time I decided to start with the central motif instead of the border. I will still have to count the border stitches very, very carefully but it should be that much easier if I have the central motif in place.
I think but am not absolutely certain that at least one of the squirrels climbs part way up the bird feeder post and shakes it as hard as it can. The feeder swings wildly dumping out the seeds. There is a wide scatter pattern of seeds around the feeder which suggests this. Over night I put out some dry corn but no one was interested. This morning I put out some of the rancid walnuts but no one is interested. I put some seed in the bird feeder. As soon as I went into the house, the chickadees were in the feeder. Right now, it is as quiet as can be outside. There is a red tail hawk in the neighbor's tree; it is just looking for lunch. I hope my little bird friends do not become lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment