
Trying to think like a squirrel: Phase 2
We got home from the museum only to find the squirrel in the feeder. I ran out of the back door waving my arms and screaming like a banshee. It ran out into the crab apple tree that is on the right side of the picture just on the other side of our fence.
Roger slit open a one-gallon milk carton; wrapped it around the pole; and taped it in place with the handy-dandy cold weather electrical tape. Again, it is just materials we have on hand.
By the time I thought to take a picture of Roger in action, he was finished and on his way inside. He said it was too cold for him to go back out to pose for pictures.
As I took this picture, the squirrel was running from right to left though the trees that are beyond the fence. I think it is now in the squirrel vantage point tree that does not show on the left side.
At the bottom of the picture, you can even see the seed the squirrel has dumped out of the feeder during the past couple days.
1 comment:
Really don't think that will fool the squirrel for long, but on the plus side it looks like some kind of giant frost flower, so you can always pretend it is garden sculpture if it doesn't work
Post a Comment