Tuesday, January 26, 2010


It is 1:00 p.m. and I have been busy to- day. In the morn- ing, it was my regular Tuesday morning hospital volunteers followed at noon, by a quick run to the post office with a bulk mailing for church. On the way home we decided to stop for Oriental buffet lunch as we passed the little restaurant. That tasted good and was something nice to do together.

Last Thursday, we left a little early for tutoring. When we passed an estate sale and decided we had enough extra time to check it out, we did. There were a lot of interesting glassware, crystal, and china. I got this little covered serving dish. It is about the same age as my china. My china set has the same same type covered serving dishes. I also got two Ukrainian eggs. Maybe I ought to show them to you too. :-) Perhaps tomorrow.

At long last, the sun is out and it is extremely uplifting.

Sunday, five or six squirrels chased each other through the trees in the park behind our home. They jumped from branch to branch and tree to tree. They turned flips; one unfortunate fellow fell to the ground from the cottonwood tree. I hope it did not hurt itself. Yesterday and today the squirrels chased through the yard. So far, they are leaving the bird feeder alone. They are eating seeds that have dropped to the ground. Yesterday I took the last pieces of crackers that fell on the floor and turned them into peanut butter sandwiches for the squirrels. We first put them out quite a distance from the bird feeders because I did not want to do anything that might encourage them to climb into the feeders. They did not find their snacks so I moved them closer to the bird feeders and put them right on the path the squirrels would take from the apple tree to the seeds below the feeders but I did not put them under the feeders. Sometime during the morning today, something, most likely squirrels, ate up all the peanut butter sandwiches.

No comments: