I want to show you this marvelous gift I received yesterday. A very dear friend sent them to me because she knows that I especially like bees. This was a very bright moment in an especially nice day. I have them on right now but will have to take them off, especially if I am handling food. I tend to drop food and I tend to get things dirty. Yes, I am a little klutzy. During the night we had a little more snow. The temperature has not yet dropped but is supposed to during the day.
Oh my, I had forgotten that most of my followers are not US citizens. A Turtle is a candy; in this case "Turtle" is a registered trademark. No one else may use it. Turtles are nuts, primarily pecans, covered with a large drop of caramel and then covered with chocolate. We are talking here about a major food group, chocolate, caramel, and pecans. Other candy manufactures who make a similar candy cannot call it a Turtle. I have seen Pecan Dixies, Alligators, and Bumble Bees to name a few. Some of the mock turtles that I have eaten actually are better than the original Turtles. And some of the mock turtles are very artistically arranged with five pecans in a star pattern. The caramel is dropped over the center where the pecans come together. Then chocolate covers all of it except for the ends of the pecans. They show and look like the feet and head of a turtle. But the candy still cannot be called a Turtle.
So, my turtle pie had chocolate, caramel, and pecans.
3 comments:
The slippers are so cute, Linda, and so YOU!
love
Clare
Ah, it begins to make sense...
Loving the slippers!
Love those slippers!
Post a Comment