Friday, December 11, 2009

Bone-shattering cold dropped in after the snow. It is still extremely cold. Yesterday afternoon I went out to tutor some elementary school children. The drive home was after dark. As soon as the sun went down, conditions on the roads deteriorated significantly making driving very difficult. I can only say that I am extremely grateful for anti-lock brakes.

We still have not put up the feeders for small birds and larger birds. I think we are waiting for the temperature to warm a little. A woodpecker and a chickadee discovered the suet yesterday. We enjoyed watching them. The cardinals were flying from tree to tree and branch to branch within the trees. Sometimes they flew down to the ground and then darted back into the trees. It was like watching red popcorn bouncing up and down. We really need to get the feeder out for them.

The two banners are almost ready to go to church today. I will take a picture to post as soon as they are ready.

No comments: