Tuesday, December 22, 2009




Ah yes, the last two orna- ments are finished. Actually I finished them yes- terday but waited until today to take a picture.

I am now preparing two baptismal banners for this coming weekend.

We are making ice luminaria. In the past, we have made two at a time but the temperature is just a little below freezing so it is taking longer for the ice to form. The first picture shows the five-gallon pails we use to make the luminaria. They are filled with water and are chilling out on the front doorstep. This morning, I took the first two out; the ice is not as thick as we would prefer. I also need to level the luminaria closer to the camera. We pulled out two more pails to make four at a time. If the temperature drops enough tonight, we can unmold them in the morning; then make four more. Chances are that we cannot take them out until tomorrow afternoon at the soonest and most likely Thursday morning. In that case, we will have six. That is enough.

On Christmas Eve, we will put candles in each and light them. In the morning on Christmas, we will also light the candles. I have not yet checked to see how many candles we have.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Your luminaria are lovely, but I think I'm glad its not cold enough here to make them ;)