Friday, December 4, 2009


The snow yesterday was, in fact, gone by even- ing. There is another dusting this morn- ing. It too will probably be gone by evening. This is how the beginning of winter works in Minnesota. Until we have something to look at, I will not take pictures.

Another gift, another picture. The gift consists of three project bags, a fabric envelope, a fabric covered box and counting pins in wool felt. I do hope that the recipient feels satisfied.

This noon we are going to a lutefisk buffet. No, I do not eat lutefisk; I am just a pseudo-Swede. I eat the other selections, leaving the lutefisk alone. Most especially I like the lefse with lingonberry sauce.

Yesterday I thought I was going to have a rebellion in the kitchen. Neither I nor our son who cooks were going to be home to prepare dinner if it was going to be served at the desired time. Complicating the situation was the fact that our son and I had decided to have at least one vegetarian dinner a week. Last night was the first night under the new policy. Roger had an absolute fit when I told him what to make for dinner. He liked neither the fact that I was telling him what to make nor what it was to be. I brought the ingredients upstairs and explained how they go together and then left. At the appropriate time, he began to assemble everything and had it all ready by the time I got home. During dinner Roger said that it tasted good and that it was, in fact, easy to prepare. He will eat it again and will even prepare it again.

No comments: