As promised, here is a picture of my fabric covered papier- mâché box. Alma Allen, Blackbird Designs, presented a wonderful tutorial in her blog, One Stitch at a Time. Because her directions are so clear, anyone can do it. The link will take you to the first segment of the tutorial which begins on 27 October 2009. There is a second part so do not miss it. Yes, Alma has posted this same picture. I sent it to her so she could see my fabulous fabric. I got to skip all of the fabric antiquing steps. This is the fabric right off the bolt. I knew when I saw it last year that I would have a very good use for it; I just did not know then what it would be. More boxes will follow, I just do not know when I will do them. ;-)
The first day of a new month always makes me wonder what I can do better in it. It hardly seems like we have almost finished another year. During the night, we went off Daylight Saving Time. I wonder why we did that. In five more months, we will turn the clock forward again. We are now spending more than half of the year on DST. I really miss the early morning daylight when we are on DST.
3 comments:
That certainly looks gorgeous Linda. I hope to see it when it is finished.
Did I tell you that I have this new photoblog. Here is the link. http://rietsphotoblog.blogspot.com/
Have a nice day
Thank you for letting me post your picture on my blog! I know everyone enjoyed seeing your wonderful work.
Your box is gorgeous Linda
PS my wv was "istombl" as in the apple juice istombl on the floor
Post a Comment