Friday, November 20, 2009

I hope that you are enjoying these roses. I especially like their antique mauve color. They lasted very well in the house; I think it is because we have been keeping the temperature low. I wonder if they traveled to us via the Amsterdam flower market.

Yesterday afternoon we began our tutoring program. Jose is my tutoree; he is in the third grade. He seems to be having some difficulty knowing what sounds the letters make. Perhaps our curriculum advisor will have some helpful ideas for us.

November is making up for the cold weather we had in October. If the month ended today, this would be the second warmest November on record. I wonder if this is an example of global warming. The day looks gray and foggy but it is warm for November.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Your roses are beautiful.
How old is 3rd grade? We use a system called "Jolly Phonics" here which seems to work well