
As promised here is the picture of the whimsical Siamese cat. I am hoping to complete it by Thursday morning as I will see my friend then. As you can see there was quite a bit done when I set it down all those years ago. Right now, it seems to be on track. :-)
The seasons and year march right along. In the mornings it is quite silent except for traffic noise. There are no birds calling out; although we are on Standard Time, it is still dark. The insects have been quiet since our first heavy frost last month. Last week had beautiful weather. Yesterday and Friday were not quite as nice but the clouds were supposed to have cleared during the night. Sunrise still has not come so I cannot say how accurate the prediction is.
Yesterday when I took the picture of the ornament, I went out to an evergreen tree in the park. A squirrel was running through the trees overhead. A blue jay flew into the tree and scolded me for trespassing in its territory. During the day a cardinal flew in and out of the trees in our yard and even spent some time in the garden.
Earlier in the morning, when I went to the post office to have the postage metered on the packet, a woman was standing beside her car which had some serious front end damage. Not too far away was a dead deer. She appeared to be waiting, probably for the local police for help. On my return home, the police had arrived but it was difficult to determine who was doing what. Later in the afternoon we went to the grocery store to pick up something we decided we just had to have. All traces of the accident had been removed. At this time of year, we must be very careful because the deer are very active. It fortunately is not a problem for those who live further into the city. For us, it is always an issue and we must be very vigilant as we cannot predict what a deer might do.
No comments:
Post a Comment