
Yes, I finished the cat yesterday and I feel so very good to have done it. It is a special kind of satisfaction that I feel when I finish something that has been unfinished for so very long. I am not certain that it is a very good representation of a Siamese cat so I just hope my friend likes it.
There was so much else that I did yesterday. I participate in a tutoring program in St. Paul. It is sponsored by a church in a low to low moderate income area. We work with third grade children and tutor them in reading, math, and writing. I have enjoyed the children very much. Three times during the school year we have a family dinner for the children, their families, and the tutors and tutor's families. Last night was one of the dinners. Generally I make and bring in the dessert and the church members prepare the rest of the dinner.
For things like this, my philosophy is to calculate how much I need and then double it. I came home with the equivalent of one and a half cakes. I could have done well bringing two cakes but it would have been so embarrassing if we did not have enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment