Sunday, November 22, 2009

I honestly do not know where the time goes. Last Monday, Roger and I together made ham loaf to put into the freezer to have for easy to prepare meals. Friday we discovered that our sons do not like ham loaf. Sigh
It would have been nice if they had told us when we brought home the ham and pork to make it.

Friday Roger and I made banana bread together. We already knew that our sons are not particularly fond of it but we made it anyway because we like it. I made the first loaf with Roger watching closely and giving a little help when asked. Actually I was showing him how to bake from a recipe. The second loaf, he made with just a little help from me. The banana breads both turned out well.

We both thought that it would be a good idea for Roger to learn how to make banana bread because he likes to buy "day old" bananas at the grocery store. Actually, they pack the bananas that are for one reason or another unattractive to customers in large plastic bags. They load the bags of bananas into a grocery cart and offer them to customers at a very low price. When we bring a bag home, Roger sorts out the ones he will eat and then suggests that I make banana bread. More recently he has suggested that we could make banana bread together. We did and it worked well. I think that he will be making more banana bread by himself.

We also like cinnamon bread, a yeast bread. Roger has occasionally asked me to make cinnamon bread but recently suggested that we could make it together. I think this togetherness project might work.

Yesterday I finished making all of the project bags that I intended to make. They are primarily for gifts. As I finish making the rest of the components of each gift, I will take pictures to show you. I have a few more items to go. Friday I picked up the lovely blue and white floral paper that was out of stock; I wanted it to line the inside of a fabric covered box. In the afternoon, I finished the box. I still need to practice my techniques but the box does look reasonably well.

No comments: