Sunday, November 29, 2009


Here is another view of the all the things I made for this gift. I have some chocolate to include but I took this picture before I got it. Today I plan to wrap it and pack everything in my mailing box. It will out out in the post tomorrow

I thought the button was made of Bakelite but it is not. I just Googled to find a test for Bakelite. The button failed the test. It also failed the test for celluloid; its does look a little like some of the celluloid buttons that I saw. I guess it is made of common garden variety plastic. That means the button is not as old as I thought. It probably dates from the late 40's and more likely the 50's. The design just does not look like something that would have come out of the 60's with the exception of the first year or two.

It is lightly snowing right now. Unless the temperature drops significantly and the snow falls more heavily, it will not last through the day. The weather this November has been extremely mild. I guess it is averaging out with the horrible, cold, snowy weather in October.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a shame the button is not as old as you thought. It is very pretty though!

love
Clare

My name is Riet said...

You make such beautiful things.