At last, I have a couple minutes to write an entry. It has been a very busy day. As usual, we went to the health club for a little exercise and then stopped at the grocery store on the way home. We had only a few short minutes at home after unloading the groceries and repacking the car with food and cooking utensils that I know we do not have at church. We went to church to prepare and serve a lunch to an unknown number of people who were doing outside autumn clean-up and inside painting.
My family tradition says that you figure how much food you need and increase it a little and then double it. All the time you wonder if you will have enough and just know that you do not. I would be absolutely mortified if I ran out of food. As I said yesterday, I prepared the meat sauce and brought it over to church to have it ready to assemble my casserole. I think that in Minnesota, I am supposed to call it hot dish.
Last night, one of our sons made a recipe of very delicious ginger squares with a thin lemon frosting. This morning he made two recipes of the most sinfully delicious chocolate cake/brownies. Another family brought the remainder of the lunch items and snacks and refreshments.
I am extremely honored to have had the opportunity to feed these wonderful people.
When we got home, Roger and I packed the extra hot dish and popped the bags in the freezer. We left out enough for dinner tonight. Then I washed the two roasters we used to bake the casserole.
When we were done with that, we popped over to Jo-Ann's to use their 40% off coupons to buy two zippers. Because the grocery store is right next to Jo-Ann's, we all of a sudden needed a couple more things.
I think I need to go into the kitchen right now and eat a piece of the sinfully rich chocolate mud cake.
No comments:
Post a Comment