Saturday, October 3, 2009



Yesterday was an extremely busy day. I had things organized to do but my day was completely rearranged for me. Roger was going to take the car out to have its 5,000 mile check which would give me a little time to take care of some little chores at home. Following that, I planned to sew. I had already cut out the pieces so this was going to be simple, straight sewing.

I began to check my e-mail but never finished. Roger showed me an advert that our favorite camera shop had. They were featuring Canon cameras and accessories. We want a new lens so Roger said that if I came with him when he took the car in, we would be about half way to the camera shop. If I came along, we could check out new lenses. We found a beautiful macro with a minute discount. But, it does all the things we were looking for. I think it is on its way to becoming our default lens. It has higher quality optics than our until now default lens. We need to learn how to use it and become familiar with it and its capabilities. I can tell that it is definitely different from our other lens.

I uploaded two pictures I took with the new lens yesterday. I will have to learn how to deal with it and light requirements. The closer the lens is to the object, the more it blocks the light. By and large, I will have to use a tripod because of light and speed. The picture of the needle work is of an area that is approximately 1 1/4" x 7/8". I did not resize the picture to make it more difficult for some one to count out the pattern because it is such a small portion of the entire design.

Roger tells me that this is my birthday gift and Christmas gift; both are in December so I have very little to look forward to on that score. Maybe I can talk him into some moderately priced stash later on. I really like to open gifts.

On the way home from the camera shop, we stopped at a very nice grocery store because I knew it had lower than usual prices on bruschetta topping. I especially like it so now we have four jars of it. We then stopped at home to drop off our purchases before we continued on. We did two things at one stop. I returned some books and DVD's to the library and Roger stopped in the bank for some information about interest rates. Then we decided to stop at a new-to-us restaurant, an Oriental buffet. Among the selections was kimchee which I happen to like and is generally difficult to find in non-Korean restaurants. The food was extremely delicious and it was a lot of fun to go out for lunch together.

We were both pleased to discover yesterday that the Olympics will be coming to South America, in general, and Brazil in particular. For the benefit of our follower from Brazil, I hope that he is pleased with the decision.

No comments: