Monday, October 12, 2009

Snowing Again




Yes, we have snow again. I will take a picture to show you. I took several pictures. The first two are self-ex- planatory. You might not be able to recognize that the last picture is of our rasp- berries.

Yesterday was sunny but cool. Today there is no sun showing and it is snowing. It is supposed to accumulate on the grass but not on pavement because it will not get very cold. I hope the prediction is correct because if it is not, we will have to go to our church to shovel the walks, especially so if the pre-school is in session. It might not be as this is Columbus Day and some businesses are closed but some are open, likewise with schools.

Yesterday lots of birds were picking over all the seeds that we scattered as we prepared the gardens for winter. There were a pair of mourning doves, sparrows, junkos, a chickadee, and a cardinal. The cardinal was camouflaged in the apple tree. A squirrel was running in and out of the garden and across the lawn, back and forth for quite a while. We think it was hiding food for the winter. The other day a squirrel, maybe the same one but I have know way to know, was digging up and reburying tidbits. I wonder if it was refreshing its memory of where its stash was.

2 comments:

My name is Riet said...

That snow is very early isn't it Linda and there is quite bit of it too . Have a nice day

Christine said...

Round here we'd think that was a lot of snow. I love the picture with the pumpkins in snow-hats