It has been extremely difficult for me to sit down to write. This is primarily because there seems to be so little that might be noteworthy going on in my daily life but secondarily because I do not seem to have the time to devote to even making a brief note.
Yesterday our church put on a fundraising dinner. I had the responsibility for the coffee. Can you believe that? Just about the only person who hardly drinks coffee and even less frequently makes it was supposed to make coffee for a large and I do mean large community dinner. When I need to make coffee at home, I do not even have a percolator; I make egg coffee in a large enamel pot.
On another somewhat ironic note, I do have an espresso machine. But - - - that is nothing like perking coffee.
I did not follow the directions exactly. I used less coffee than the directions from last year stated. Last I heard, we received compliments on our good coffee.
On our way to church to set up the coffee making process, my son and I stopped at Burger King for lunch. As we were eating, a friend of mine whose name is also Linda, went through the drive through. I wanted so desperately to run out to give her a hug or reach through the glass and touch her hand but all I could do was smile and wave. She smiled and waved back. She has had some very dramatic life changing events. Her husband was in a very serious accident in January and is still recovering from serious brain trauma. He will be recovering for months to come.
This afternoon a cardinal perched on the drying hollyhock stems and ate the seeds. It was a pleasure to see it.
No comments:
Post a Comment