Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The temperature remains in the basement. This morning, the temperature was 26° F. I thought that was cold and started to complain. I took a minute to realize that in January I would think 26° F was warm. Yes, our snow and low temperatures are a little early but well within the realm of possibility. Some people think that this means we will have a long, cold winter. Weather statistics going back to the late 1800's indicate that is not necessarily going to happen.

During the day yesterday, the snow melted. Over night, we got a little more snow. If it does not melt today, it will tomorrow. On the weekend, our temperature is supposed to get to the mid 50's F. That will take care of any remnants of snow but I think it will all be gone by then.

We all like the picture of the pumpkins with snow hats. We think that may become the picture on our Christmas letter for 2009. I am certain that we can write something humorous about it in the letter.

No comments: